Execute Strategy. Lead Change. Make an Impact.
Transformational leaders know how to encourage, inspire and motivate employees. Now you can become a more impactful leader and take your business to the next level. Perform in ways to create meaningful change, gain the tools to discover your purpose, and maximize your potential. This program empowers you to take bold actions to advance yourself, your team, and help shape your organization’s future success.
The Shenandoah Transformative Leadership Program offers you practical advice to move beyond transactional terms to reach true, transformational outcomes. Understand the differences between tactical, strategic and transformational leaders and the importance of facilitating organizational collaboration that can help drive your vision forward. Learn to inspire employees to strive beyond normal expectations. Discover how to change siloed business dynamics to unleash innovative strategies to stay ahead of the curve and bring everyone together to work toward a shared vision.
This thought-provoking, interdisciplinary curriculum packs strategies, transformational frameworks, and peer discussions into eight in-depth modules. Each lesson is designed and adapted for a dynamic online learning experience.
During the course, you'll build the confidence, skills, and presence you need to lead your team to success. Even if you're an experienced executive, you'll focus on honing the skills needed to consistently deliver an outstanding performance and to be a better leader.
You'll benefit from diagnosing your personal leadership skills and learn how to maximize your growth path. You'll walk away with knowledge, plans ready to implement, and a certificate that shows you've invested in yourself and your career.
Module 1 - The Radically Changing Nature of Leadership
Understand the common leadership skills and traits of history’s great leaders while seeking inspiration, establishing role models and uncovering insightful tools.
- Explore “old-school” leadership, from the 1900’s to the launch of the world wide web.
- Discover how the pre-pandemic world was already chaotic and how to embrace the new normal.
- Identify the tools needed to lead during a global pandemic.
Module 2 - Transformative Impact
Recognize the characteristics of human motivation, and discover what actually motivates people to stay engaged in their daily work and put forth their best efforts.
- Optimize motivation with purpose, transformative cultures and organizational approaches.
- Learn how to cultivate a deliberately developmental culture.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of a microenterprise.
- Learn ways to improve your organization’s holacracy.
Module 3 - Power & Influence
Be a changemaker in today’s world, when historically, self-appointed and socially-conscious grassroots leaders have been known spark the most change.
- Uncover the approachable authority of revolutionary and political leaders.
- Review case studies of effective and ineffective use of power and influence.
- Develop a leadership skillset from the world of professional sports.
Module 4 - Managing Disruption & Transformation
Expand your digital transformation when you incorporate digital technology in all areas of business to meet changing industry needs and market requirements.
- Uncover the effectiveness of Innovation Theater vs. Genuine Innovation.
- Explore the frameworks of the 3 Horizons of Growth.
- Empower your individuals and teams by taking a human-centered design approach.
- Learn to accelerate open innovation and utilize an open-source economic model.
- Discover how top leaders stay adaptable and flexible by practicing agile methodology.
Module 5 - Personal Leadership
Develop and utilize positive leadership traits when you set realistic goals, get organized, and hold yourself accountable, helping you to become a better mentor.
- Learn the difference between being confident or overconfident.
- Uncover the benefits of a “T-shaped” employee and the increasing demand in the workplace.
- Discover ways to ensure your own expertise doesn’t blind you.
- Empower accomplished individuals to step up as leaders.
Module 6 - The Socially Conscious Leader in the ESG Era - Moral Leadership In An Imperfect World
Grow your abilities as a socially conscious leader and ensure your business operations are lead with accountability, transparency and consideration of the environment.
- Explore the new charter of the Business Round-table.
- Understand what defines a Certified B corporation.
- Learn how to involve your team and lead social ventures at your organization.
Module 7 - Leadership & The Future of Work
Build strategies to help your team adjust to a new work environment while improving the internal structure of your business and maintaining productivity.
- Learn to lead and motivate a remote workforce.
- Discover the best ways to work alongside technology.
- Strengthen your resilience and adaptability in times of uncertainty, disruption and adversity.
- Cut through the “crisis fog” using practices to maintain focus, clarity and stamina.
Module 8 - Personal Leadership Growth Plans
Reflect on your journey of leadership strategies and innovation frameworks and develop a plan of action to take back with you to implement immediately in your organization.
- Discover how to align your skill-set with optimal professional opportunities.
- Learn how to grow your talents and help others do the same.
- Understand how to lead your team into a growth mindset culture.
Capstone Project: Your Personal Growth Plan
Throughout the program, build your professional portfolio and toolkit. Maximize your return-on-investment by creating your very own Personal Growth Plan. Then, step into your newfound power to be a transformative leader in today's chaotic and disruptive world.
M.B.A. Strategy & Marketing, Yale School of Management